Did you know?
1. Did you know that you are 3 times more likely to die in a fire at home than anywhere else?
2. Each year 600 people die in fires and another 18,000 are injured in the UK.
3. 75% of all fire casualties occur in people's own homes.
4. In the UK we severely underestimate the danger of fire and do little to protect ourselves from it.
5. It is a fact that there are as many fires each year as there are burglaries.
6. Most people spend hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds on locks and security measures to protect our homes from break-ins, but are reluctant to spend even a few pounds on fire safety.
7. Very few people are hurt in break-ins, however the same is not true for fires.